Shopping and cute clothes and fun items in Second Life really do make it for me. It’s the ultimate Barbie, complete with dream house, glam convertible, even Malibu Ken/Kim. Luxe Box made that into this fun surprise social event; I’d get together with friends in the same room or in the Luxe Box group, squeal excitedly when our boxes arrived, and then gush and share pictures about the new outfits we’d put together. Luxe Box was great – it was like Christmas and Margarita night where I walked away each month with tons of cute clothes, shoes, hair, accessories, furniture, and even little pets.
Luxe Box officially announced this past week they were closing up shop after an almost two-year run. I felt like what better way to say goodbye to something that has been such a fun and fulfilling part of my Second Life than by taking a few pictures.
I’m wearing some jeans from Blueberry that were in the September 2016 box. I remember being SO excited that Blueberry was participating that month AND when it turned out to be this fantastic pair I was overjoyed. These were my go-to jeans for a long, long time, and I still wear them quite frequently. One of these days I’ll get some pictures shot that really show them off, beacuse they make my legs and my backside look fantastic. I’ve paired them with a cami from Foxes from the February 2016 box. This cami looks just cute AF with jeans, but I’ve worn it a lot with skirts and, occasionally, with just a pair of undies for some playful boudoir-ish pictures.
The shoes, however, are far and away the most worn item I’ve ever received from a Luxe Box. These wedges from Reign are super cute and I wear them at least twice a week, and since they come in literally dozens of textures they never get boring. For the first few pictures, I’m sitting in a cape wagon from Tarte – I believe this was in the November 2017 Luxe Box, but I’m not 100% certain on that. What I am certain about is it’s a wonderfully romantic spot to curl up with someone special…and if you’ve got more on your mind than curling up, well, Tarte has you covered there too.
It may sound a bit silly, but I’m going to miss Luxe Box so much. This wasn’t just an exciting monthly surprise of lots of cute clothes and such (although that was a big part of it), it was this neat community bound together by sharing our experiences with our common interest. That’s what I’ll miss the most. Adios, Luxe Box. Thanks for two wonderful years, countless outfits, hairs, and housing items, and a little Corgi named Simon.
So let’s not end on a down note – let’s end on one with a little promise for everyone who maybe didn’t participate in Luxe Box. While Luxe Box was going on, designers had to agree they would not sell anything they contributed to Luxe Box. Now that Luxe Box has turned out the lights, ALL of those cute clothes and hairs are fair game to be sold. I think we’re going to see an influx of some really great stuff available for the first time to folks who maybe never tried out Luxe Box, and that’s exciting! I’m happy for folks who maybe never got a chance to wear the best wedges on the grid or some truly magnificent jeans. That is a silver lining I can get behind.
What I’m Wearing:
Top: Romantic Cami by Foxes
Jeans: Luxe Box September by Blueberry
Shoes: Stacey Wedges by REIGN
Hair: Boyfriend by Lamb
So there’s another one of these like right below this, so I hope you check it out too, but let’s go! Today’s(being Monday, December 18) #SecondLifeChallenge from my hero, Strawberry Singh, goes something like this:
Here are the instructions for the #SecondLifeChallenge this week: Share a picture or video of a winter scene in Second Life. Tell us a bit about the location and/or what you are wearing.
Like Cary Elwes (who looked SO hot in this movie) said, “As you wish.”
I’m at the Garden of Whimsy Winter Wonderland, which has everything a winter explorer could desire – ice skating, snow, sleighs, beautiful trees and some wonderfully colorful and festive light displays. I spent the evening exploring and had a fantastic time.
I’m wearing a turtleneck sweater from the Paper Arrow, which came in the December Luxe Box! If you remember, the November box was something of a disappointment for me, but December has REALLY made up for it. I’m working on another set of pictures wearing some of my favorites from December, look for that post soon!
So after all that exploration in the cold while wearing a really, really weather-inappropriate denim miniskirt, I returned home to find my close friend, Danni, under the Christmas tree for a romantic cuddle. I don’t know that I can think of a better way to wrap up an evening spent exploring the winter wonderlands of Second Life.
What I’m wearing:
Sweater: Cozy Turtleneck by Paper Arrow Co (December 2017 Luxe Box)
Skirt: Denim Skirt by Blueberry (January 2017 Luxe Box)
Boots: Autumn by REIGN
Hair: Irenka by Truth
My blogging mentor and inspiration (whether she knows it or not), Strawberry Singh, is taking a short break from her blog. I really hope she’ll be back soon. Since I wanted to keep up with the #SecondLifeChallenge, I went back through some of her old challenges and picked out one that sounded fun. It’s based on one of my favorite drinking games, Never Have I Ever. If you’re not familiar, each player takes a turn stating something they haven’t done (usually something tawdry or untoward) and everyone else in the group who has done the tawdry or untoward activity mentioned has to drink.
I’ll wait while you all go pour some tequila shots and then we’ll continue…
Go on now…
- Never have I ever had sex, in Second Life. Oh no. I have. Often. Usually more than once a week. Sex is fun! I can’t help it.
- Never have I ever visited a sex sim, in Second Life. – I’ve done this too. I visit the Keyhole and the Public Shower on occasion. There are a number of clubs and beaches that don’t specifically self-identify as a sex sim, but given the ‘meat-market’ atmosphere and the amount of public sex that goes on, there isn’t much difference.
- Never have I ever been an escort or stripper, in Second Life. – And now I’m three for three. I recently returned to my position as a dancer and escort at Bare Assets. And you should go there, even if it’s just to hang out. While I’m not necessarily trying to shill for the club at which I work, everyone there is really nice and it’s a fun atmosphere. That and my boss and colleagues are out of this world gorgeous and some of my best SL friends. (Love to Crezi & co.!)
- Never have I ever been in porn videos in Second Life. – Yay! I get a temporary reprieve from the drinking! I’ve never done porn videos. (I’ve been in a fair amount of pictures that are little more than porn, but never a video.)
- Never have I ever done things that may be illegal in the real world, in Second Life. – Pass the lime. I’ve enjoyed some mind-altering substances in SL of which the local law enforcement would not approve.
- Never have I ever created an ALT for secret activities, in Second Life. – Well…yes and no. It wasn’t for secret, illicit activities. It was just to try out something different in SL that I could never do with Keyli. I actually kind of miss it.
- Never have I ever had a one night stand, in Second Life. – See answers 1 and 2. I’m running out of salt.
- Never have I ever been part of a roleplay community, in Second Life. – Not necessarily a community, but I would REALLY like to. I’ve kind of experimented as a temporary visitor in a few roleplay sims, but I’m just not ready to completely commit to it – I just don’t have the time.
- Never have I ever discovered a new fetish, because of Second Life. – I have. And, no, I’m not going into it.
- Never have I ever done things in Second Life that I wouldn’t admit to my friends or family. – All. The. Time. I would say my First Life friends and family know about 1% of what goes on here in my SL.
So that’s, say, 7.5 out of 10. After more than seven tequila shots I would be on the floor, and the hangover would be brutal. So what’s your score? Are you more think than I drunk you are?
What I’m wearing:
Top: Romy by Blueberry
Skirt: Kyla by Blueberry
Bra: Peek-A-Boo by Reborn
Shoes: Dolly Plats by REIGN
Hair: Scout by Truth
We’re in the middle of one of my very favorite shopping events, Collabor88. And while the fact that all prices at C88 end in 88 (188, 288, etc.) really does nicely scratch a weird little OCD itch, the reason I love it is SO many top drawer designers come out with some truly amazing and creative new pieces. I’m wearing a couple today I’d like to talk about.
I have a LOVELOVELOVELOVE/mildly-dislike relationship with Erratic. There’s almost nothing designed there that isn’t incredible. The lingerie, the swimsuits, the dresses, the separates…everything is just gorgeous. A little spendy, but, still, gorgeous. However, they are, by and large, Maitreya only. I love my Lara, but occasionally (alright, I’ll come clean – quite often) I want to turn the curves up with Belleza’s Freya and I have to leave all of those gorgeous pieces in the closet.
That said, I LOVE this dress. Usually, I’m not quite so keen on high necks or long sleeves, but this dress is just magic. I can’t wait to wear it out this Fall and Winter. At 188L per texture, it’s an absolute steal.
Today’s shoes are by REIGN, and they just scream sexy autumn to me. I love the socks and the boots are my favorite height – just a tiny bit over the knee. These will probably be my go-to boots over the cooler months until Spring comes back ’round, as I can wear them with either Lara or Freya.
Dress: Nishi Hooded Dress by Erratic @C88
Boots: Autumn Boots by REIGN @C88
Hair: Lani by Amacci
Piercings by PUNCH